About our Retreats
The Green Shoe Foundation has a five-day retreat for people seeking transformational change. These retreats focus on personal growth, self-actualization and self-realization. We work to raise awareness of how past family roles and family systems reverberate in your current relationships.
Who is invited?
Open to everyone ages 21 and older. The goal is to have as many people as possible attend the Green Shoe workshops.
Green Shoe Retreats are offered on an on-going, weekly basis. The Green Shoe five-day retreats begin on Monday and meet daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Friday of that week. You can select a week during your scheduled phone consultation. The $475 deposit secures your space in the Green Shoe Retreat Week. The participant will receive a check from Green Shoe for a refund of the full $475 deposit upon completing the workshop week that Friday. We hope you will be able to join us!
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
$475 deposit, which is refunded in full to the payer after successfully attending the full, five-day workshop
- I don’t know if I have the words to express my gratitude for your contribution to my journey, health and growth.
- Greenshoe is an answer to my prayer.
- Thank you for your efforts and genuine concern.
- It was a great class it was comfortable and the hospitality was outstanding.
- This program is fantastic. I very much appreciate the opportunity brought to Oklahoma!
- I’m just extremely grateful to have had this experience.
- I am so thankful for this week.
- This has been a great week. I have great tools moving forward.
- This week has been beyond descriptions. The results have been much more than I expected.
- Thank you so much for creating and offering a program that is so powerful but also so accessible.
- This was truly the best experience of my life!
Prior to the retreat, our participants felt:
- I felt like things were really good.
- Depressed and really didn’t care about much in life.
- No emotion and no motivation.
- Overwhelmed and sad
- Lost and alone
- Anxious and fearful
- My hopes and dreams had been taken from me.
- Okay, but felt I had room for further healing
- Really confused and uncertain.
What surprised you the most about your Green Shoe experience?
- I was completely surprised by it. Initially, I was not keen on talking about my life issues in front of a bunch of strangers. It was gut-wrenching work, but it was so beneficial.
- How just one week could make such a significant difference.
- I was surprised at how locked up my inner child was. And how comfortable I felt with the other participants in the class.
- Identifying emotions I wasn’t allowed to have and what an impact it made on me to learn those emotions.
- I learned new things about myself. I didn’t realize it would totally transform a person. Prior to this, I had never participated in group therapy.
- I came here thinking I would listen to great information. I had no idea the life-changing experience it would bring. I went from feeling I don’t matter to anyone to … I matter. Everyone should go through this.
Positive changes that participants experienced:
- I figured out a lot of the “whys” with my behavior in adulthood.
- We can be victims as children and still become functioning adults.
- This week has been an amazing journey of self-discovery and healing. I feel hopeful and joy filled.
What you would tell someone who is considering attending a Green Shoe Retreat?
- One of the best decisions they can make.
- I recommended to a friend today. I told her it is transformational!
- Life changer for sure! Best opportunity I have ever taken advantage of to grow and learn.
- DO IT! It will change your life!
What are some significant things you learned during the retreat?
- All the baggage I had carried all my life was not mine to carry and how to deal with it appropriately.
- Making time for friends
- I’m learning that it is okay to say out loud what I’ve felt for so long.
- Listening and talking boundaries. Cognitive distortions are not good! Group therapy is powerful because of the connections made with others.
- I don’t go “90-nothin'” all the time. There are some things that I just let go.
- Returned to my quiet time with God and expressing my wants and needs rather than accepting whatever.
- Allowing myself to experience love joy and passion.
- Sleeping better. Sketching again.
- I matter!
Green Shoe Flyer
The Green Shoe Retreat is from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. If you will be traveling to attend the retreat, our partner host hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn Edmond / Oklahoma City at 2833 Conference Drive (Covell & I-35), Edmond, OK 73034. You will receive the discount code once you select your Green Shoe week. Reservations can be made here.
For more local information, please visit visitedmondok.com.
Pay Deposit Online:
For credit cards or e-check/ACH, please process as donation on this site.
There is a 3% non-refundable credit card processing fee and $1 processing fee for e-checks/ACH.
609 S. Kelly Avenue, Suite B-2
Edmond, OK 73003